Travelogue

My first post! I’ll try to avoid being nerdy.

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart”. – Confucius

So here it is, and here you are!  I have to admit, it’s a bit scary, putting my inner-most thoughts out there into cyber-space for all to read.  But here goes nothin’.

So what’s up with that quote I put up there, it’s kinda deep.  But it’s one of my favorites and has so far been a major philosophy of mine, and how I have lived my life.  It’s no secret I have always had a passion for travel and far-off lands.  That’s how I ended up here.  I suppose the focus of this blog is “Where am i and what am I doing here and why am I doing it?” It’s not really for me, but I realize I have been a bit selfish in my life.  I picked up my life and just moved to the other side of the world, which has been amazing, but I miss my family and my friends, and perhaps I haven’t been the best at keeping my loved ones informed of my comings and goings.  Plus, I want to start to write and be creative…  So this is my attempt to explain exactly that:  Where am I, what am I doing, and why?  So that quote is my way of letting the world know that I am doing great.  I moved far from home and family.  It was difficult and it was scary, but I did it with all my heart, and I am happy.  And you’re in my heart, so you’re here too 🙂 (cue the butterflies, rainbows and sappy music).  Sorry for the cheese!  But it had to be said!

First blog post done!  I will try my best to semi-regularly come up with funny, witty stories and interesting anecdotes and life updates.  A la prossima…

You Might Also Like

17 Comments

davecenker
    December 3, 2013 at 2:43 pm

For as many quotes that I have seen in the blogosphere, this one has escaped me to date. And it is a gem, thanks for sharing. It takes on an even more special meaning since you have not only stated it, you have lived it 😉 Enjoy your journey, not only through your blog, but through every day of living with all your heart! Best wishes for an inspired day 🙂

Robino J Jenkins
    December 3, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Great job & not nerdy at all!

beatrizrenee
      December 4, 2013 at 10:39 am

Thank you Robino, thanks for the encouragement 🙂

nordnotes (Jess Nord)
    December 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm

A beautiful start! I’m excited to hear about your thoughts and stories!

beatrizrenee
      December 4, 2013 at 10:40 am

Thank you Jessica, I liked reading your blog too!

petilara
    December 3, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Finally a compilation of all your surreal and hilarious anecdotes!! Written in your detailed and tronchante (don’t find translation for that) style!! Can’t wait… 😉

beatrizrenee
      December 4, 2013 at 10:41 am

I don’t know how surreal and hilarious these will be but I will try my best 🙂 If you remember any old stories I have, tell me about them so I can post them, my memory is a bit fuzzy. 🙂 Hope you’re enjoying your travels!

Gloria Gracia
    December 4, 2013 at 2:04 am

Linda primaaaa I love It congratulations vamos con el second post

beatrizrenee
      December 4, 2013 at 10:38 am

Gracias linda, estoy pensando en que mas decir. Que miedo! aah!

arashbayatmakou
    December 4, 2013 at 3:56 am

Welcome to the blogging word Queen Bea. I’ve found it so useful, interesting and fun to write my blog so I’m stoked that you decided to put yourself out there. It’s also a great way to “meet” people from all over. I’m sure you will find the same as you continue the process.

I too love that quote and use that approach to everything in my life. I really can’t do anything without giving it my heart…. -AB

beatrizrenee
      December 4, 2013 at 10:38 am

Thanks Arash. It’s actually really intimidating… so far I’ve gotten a bigger response than I expected which makes me feel like people wanna hear something I have to say! Crazy! It also makes me feel like now I’m committed to doing this and there’s no going back now! But it’s actually so therapeutic… I feel like I always have an inner monologue in my head that is dying to get out and I just needed to put it out there, even if no one reads it.

I actually thought of you when I used that quote. No better man to describe that than you, friend 🙂

angelarsalazar
    December 4, 2013 at 4:12 am

Great first post! I am so looking forward to following along, hearing about all of your hilarious Italian adventures, and living vicariously through you!

beatrizrenee
      December 4, 2013 at 10:35 am

Thanks Angela! Hope all is well back where you are, and remember you always have a home in Firenze 🙂

Claudia E
    December 4, 2013 at 4:49 am

Dear cousin,
    I’m so happy that FINNALY you created a blog to share your stories (again, sorry for my poor english). Now I have a platform to reed about your amazing trips, the places that you’ve been and the people, surely, you’d have known. Hope see u soon. Lots of hugs and kisses!
    Oh, and, of course, CONGRATS!

beatrizrenee
      December 4, 2013 at 10:35 am

Thank YOU cousin! I haven’t been “travelling” so much lately, just living here and staying still, but I will try my best to write about things that are funny and interesting. Miss you lots. xoxo

Claudia Paredes Oporto
    December 5, 2013 at 1:27 am

Oh Bea Bonita!!! Mira q despues de mas de 5 axos decides (Por fin) deleitarnos con tus aventuras europeas!! Q alegria saber q eres feliz y q prontisimo nos deleitaras con una deliciosa receta italiana!! Arrivederchi Bella 🙂